FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:18 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Tottoru
Dear LH Team,

I have bought a ticket with miles and I wanted to add an extra luggage -- it is an intercontinental one way flight in business class. It is not possible to buy the extra luggage from the website due to "technical reasons"; however, I was charged 205 euros for the luggage instead of the 200 euros I would have been charged if I had bought the ticket online. Why is a surcharge being applied given that it is a technical reason depending on LH?

More importantly, I was told I would get a 32 kilos allowance but the voucher indicates that the extra allowance is only 23 kilos. This is also contrary to what is written in the website about purchasing extra luggage. I called back the customer service after finding out the reduced allowance and was told that this is the correct allowance and that if I want to get the additional 9 kilos I have to pay it as extra luggage (the cost is about 160 euros, which takes the price of the luggage to about the price of the one-way economy class ticket). What is the rationale of the rule given that the price of the extra luggage is the same? Where is this rule indicated in the contractual terms and conditions? I could not locate any information about this difference in treatment.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.
Dear Tottoru,

sorry to hear. If you want to file an official complaint, kindly use our feedback form (https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/feedback) and my colleagues from Customer Relations will have a look into it.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Jonathan