FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:41 am
N1120A

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by friedablass

Although the testing requirement might change our be removed, somehow I don't see them letting the mask mandate just expire after spring break. It has continually been extended and I would be just fine if they didn't extend it this time, but I'm not seeing it happen. I'll be happy if I'm wrong.
Eh, they aren't keeping it forever and the airlines have pretty solid statistics behind them saying that, for better or worse, the mandate and enforcement of the mandate is causing a lot of the passenger behavior incidents. I'm perfectly fine with it and my wife and I have discussed the possibility that we'll potentially keep masking in the future, especially during cold and flu season, but I think all the stake holders know it has to go away at some point. As it is, both the US and Canada have only extended their regulations until March, which coincides with such and also with the usual decline in airborne virus cases.

Originally Posted by enviroian
For me at least the 1 vs 3 day is that I take a lot of weekend trips so I use my outbound Covid test to also cover my inbound. Then I don’t have to worry about not getting back!
Yeah, it is a real pity they did this. Indeed, it may well have been to target folks like you, unfortunately..