FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Local lockdowns in the UK
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:55 pm
wilsnunn

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I am the next one to join the list of those of us who have received a positive LFT result. On Thursday, whilst preparing to travel up to my Father's house, Mrs Wilsnunn and I both did an LFT each; hers came back negative and mine came back very very faintly positive. Shocked, as I had no symptoms, I waited an hour or so and did another from a different batch of LFT tests (the older style with the throat and nose swab as opposed to the nose only ones), this was once again positive but even fainter.

I booked a PCR test for later that day and isolated away from both Mrs and Mstr Wilsnunn. We waited for the result to come back, with me still isolating in the guest bedroom and it finally came back early this morning with a negative result! I took another LFT both yesterday and today and both were negative. Rather annoyed as it meant that we didn't travel up to my Father's place and instead spent today at home with very little in the way of festive supplies! Thank goodness that the large Turkish supermarket in Chipping Barnet was open and still had turkeys at the butcher counter so I was at least able to make something of it.

The worst bit of it all is that I developed a mild case of flu whilst isolating!