FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:00 am
Macaron54

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by The Young Traveller
I’m not sure if this has been addressed before, but I was wondering how worked the UXP qualification :
I’m currently holding 1042 UXP with an end of qualification period on 31/12/2021.
Does that mean that I will loose all my UXP on the 1st January, or only those acquired during my first year of qualification period (2020)?
In other terms, is the qualification period "rigid" (2 years per two years) or "rolling"?

I hope my question makes sense. Just trying to figuring out if aiming to Ulti is doable at this stage.

Thanks.
I am afraid, The Young Traveller , that if your qualification period ends on December 31st, come January 1st, your UXP counter will be reset to zero. If by "rolling", you mean a sliding two-year window, then the answer is no—your next qualification period will start on January 1st and end on December 31st of 2023. This is how I understand it, as per the Flying Blue website, which stipulates that "you need to gain 1,800 UXP within two calendar years to be eligible", and the definition of the calendar year, which, based on the Gregorian calendar, is a one-year period that starts on January 1st and ends on December 31st.