FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Dec 22, 2021, 3:13 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
In August I flew PHX-SEA-YVR. Two bags were checked but only one arrived in YVR. Arriving in Canada without your bags is a Royal PITA. You need to fill out a Customs declaration describing all the contents of your bag & sign an authorization allowing Customs to open & inspect the bag.

SEA-YVR was once daily at the time. We continued onto YLW. The bag was confirmed to still be in SEA. It didn't make the flight the next day either but did two days later. AS had AC fly it to YLW & AC Baggage Services delivered to my home on the third day. The following day, AS Baggage Services called to confirm I had received it and closed the file.

As far as the BSG goes, Zero, Zilch, Nada! No follow up from Customer Care.

James
Unfortunately for us Canadians, the BSG doesn’t apply to flights to Canada.
  • Baggage service guarantee is valid on flights operated by Alaska Airlines (flights 0001- 1999), Horizon Air (flights 2000 - 2999), and SkyWest (flights 3300 - 3499), with the exception of international flights requiring customs clearance, and flights between Anchorage and Dutch Harbor.