FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine tips
Thread: Quarantine tips
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:23 pm
Palal

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I did the Wyndham in Shanghai. I work for an international organization and they arrange to get us through the airport quickly. Also all international diplomats (which I'm not) get put up there as well. It's all pre-arranged.
Whatever hotel you get - the only thing that remains there of the original hotel is the building and furniture. The service has nothing to do with what's typical for the hotel.

At the Wyndham, you can order non-perishable food from meituan or other delivery services. If you want to get a SIM card quickly, nihao mobile will deliver one to you.

What to pack
If you need alcohol, pack that in your luggage, otherwise you won't be able to get any.
I'm really glad I packed some tea. You get a couple of tea bags and instant coffee packets and that's it, so bring your own coffee/tea. Drinks - they only provided a few bottles of water, I took some from the plane. You can order more bottles, or boil your own water with the kettle they provide.
The amount of soap they provide is also quite inadequate - especially if you want to wash clothes. All the food is provided in disposable containers - so no need to wash dishes.
I would also bring a mug or a few paper cups.
Pack any other snacks you may want - or get them delivered.
Coffee and chocolate in China is more expensive than elsewhere - so consider bringing some with you for post-quarantine life

Exercise - I did a couple of routines every day - one in the AM one in the afternoon and a bit of meditation. I found some routines that worked for me on youtube and just downloaded that onto my phone to follow along.

If you're not working, find something that would keep you busy - ideally that does not involve a screen (as you'll probably be staring at one for too long anyway).
I found the experience to be pleasant and relaxing, but was happy to be out afterwards