FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Local lockdowns in the UK
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2021, 1:57 pm
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I go by the date the PCR. Some people still won't get tested for various reasons (and my own PCRs are now held up in a PCR processing backlog), hence the other option. Particularly true of children it seems. Anyway I personally would send you away on day 27. Clinics are working over Christmas, we will be working on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day too, so you should be able to find a slot on day 28.
I am a little surprised that a test date would be considered more relevant than when symptoms began (or indeed when they ended) given that the exact timing of a test may be dependent on Royal Mail delivery times and/or other factors. That said, I appreciate the underlying message that waiting a little longer to be boosted after catching Covid is best from a medical point of view. With a roughly seven day window to get my booster (before leaving the country for the next month or two), my reasoning for flirting with the 28 day limit was to potentially give me some Omicron protection for travelling and to pose less of a risk to my Russian father-in-law (who sadly is both high risk and unvaccinated despite my best efforts!) over the Russian holidays.