FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - which Hyatt in Tokyo?
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:59 pm
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
You're definitely underselling the aspect of quality free flow drinks at the Grand Club along with the food offerings. Sure, there might a wine or sake offering in the Andaz lobby, but I've found that pretty hit and miss. And of course, the Rooftop Bar is spectacular, but the prices are also sky high.

And though the poster specifically asked for comparison between Andaz and Grand Hyatt, if you're talking about aspirational properties for a special stay, you really must bring the Park Hyatt Tokyo into the conversation. I can't imagine choosing Andaz for such an occasion when PHT is available for the exact same amount.
As you say, the poster did not ask to compare the PH. I've repeatedly recommended the PH as the best choice when staying on points. As for the quality drinks at the GH lounge, that is true. Some lounges try to impress with a champagne but severely chimp on the still wine. We dislike bubbly but the GHT had the best still wines I've ever seen in a lounge (vs, for example, GH HK, Conrad Tokyo). But even then, you can pick up an equivalent bottle anywhere in Tokyo for under 3,000 yen, and I'd rather enjoy it sitting in a room with a view at the Andaz than in the ambience-lacking lounge at the GH. Plus, the poster seems young (4th anniversary) and if I were young and going to a foreign destination like Tokyo (or Paris, etc) I would want to get out and see the city rather than sit in the GH lounge.

But I certainly do not disagree that the GH can be a money-saving option if using the lounge for all drinking/dining.