FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:53 pm
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kevino
Lots of hotels in Thailand have historically had crazy New Year's Eve rates.

However, Christmas Eve next week, you can pay 2500b more for a suite here vs. the lowest rate, which is in line with what they normally upsell their suites for.
I quoted you verbatim what the manager said ...30Kb per night is not in line with "normal"! We are staying 14 nights here - that would be a fortune!

Also, in previous years, we always booked Panorama or Family suite dependant on the availability. Booked suites either in cash or on points to avoid asking for upgrades. But I'm telling you this year is different, the website was very quirky to begin with and it didn't let us book extended period of time. So, I checked day by day (one room at a time because we need 2 rooms) keeping a written record until I accumulated the info needed to book as a block. Was able to book Family Suite when it showed up for 2 nights. BTW, we were here before the vaccine for the NYE 2020/2021 in two rooms facing the bridge.

At any rate, I was upgraded to a Panorama Suite until the 23rd for King room facing the bridge. The kids' double room is facing North but thankfully on the same floor. On the 23rd will be moved to an executive room facing the bridge. Where the kids will be is yet to be determined ... stay tuned.

The enormous pork calderon at Iconsiam:
​​​​​​