FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Athens {GRC}
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:57 am
buckeye91

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by DELee
Woof. Hope they keep their lounge.

David
I stayed at this property in August. Have stayed there every year since 2006 so have gotten to know many of the managers, etc. It's my favorite Hilton property in the world. I'm a lifetime Diamond member. Have 100% received a suite upgrade facing the Acropolis each time. The lounge is fantastic with complimentary beer, wine and food for 2 hours each eventing (used to have mixed drinks, ouzo, etc. but that ended I believe). A little secret I figured out several years ago for breakfast is you can go downstairs and have their wonderful full buffet complimentary v the small spread in the lounge each am. Miss Sophie downstairs makes the best tiropita, spanakopita and bougatsa! The Galaxy Bar is an iconic rooftop bar facing the Acropolis. Service here has always been exceptional and the rooms clean. This property recevied a lot of convention business prior to COVID.

With all the great things said above, it is showing its age in the rooms, hallways and lobby. There is major construction going on now in the pool area. One of the managers did tell me I probably would not be able to stay there until 2024 if I come back next year.

I really like this location. We like exploring non-tourist areas (of course we have been to Athens more than 10 times so being close to the Plaka is not as important to us). Kolonaki is right across the street. We don't mind the walk to Syntagma just exploring.

Looking forward to see what the Conrad will be

Last edited by buckeye91; Dec 19, 2021 at 3:53 pm