FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EU to impose entry requirements on travellers From US (updated 30 Aug)
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:08 am
gojko88

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This can be plainly wrong sometimes.
Originally Posted by 84fiero
That's not universally true.
Perhaps I was imprecise with my post - I meant that where you transit afterwards is of no practical consequence regarding the entry rules of the destination country for the point of origin, because the onus is on airline staff at the point of departure to check your compliance and they will do it based on the final destination. I never meant to imply that transit countries aren't able to impose additional requirements (like Portugal is doing now, for example), or that transiting anywhere is fine (as evidenced by the recently removed US ban on Schengen transit).

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The idea that the main thing anti-vaxxers care about is being able to travel internationally is a bit hilarious, TBH.
I can assure you that in Serbian and Italian media (that I follow), every article about how countries are imposing the same travel restrictions on both vaccinated and unvaccinated pax is flooded with dozens of comments by anti-vaxxers saying that vaccination makes even less sense now. It's a silly argument, but it's happening anyhow. There was a social contract of sorts saying that being responsible and getting vaccinated will enable you to live normally again, and that contract has now been broken. I will not further expand on this for fear of going into OMNI territory.

Last edited by gojko88; Dec 19, 2021 at 2:18 am