FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:29 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Would like to edit the above regarding rates: my wife tells me that 12/24 and 12/31 are not included in this Thai promo for nationals. This fact was confirmed by the operations manager who directly told me, "why do you think you are entitled to a suite upgrade when we can sell these suites for 30K baht on these nights"! Said manager also told me that we were wrong to think that Diamonds are entitled to a suite upgrade (even when one is available) and in fact this property is doing it by the book. Meaning one category upgrade up to a suite provided availability is there - so if we book the cheapest rate available (deluxe?), we will get upgraded to an executive room (same room actually but higher floor) ... and not to a suite!
Most regulars here (me included BTW) are very well aware that the regularly provided upgrade here has been to Executive Rooms for many years now. As I stated elsewhere they will (somewhat reluctantly, I must say) upgrade Diamond (regulars particularly) to the Suites. This applies especially if one has made a direct connection with a member of the management. Of course, many other properties apply these policies too. Not saying I like it, LOL, its just the way it is. Despite the aforementioned I will always make this property my first choice when in Bangkok because I like it!