FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to extend the points expiration?
Old Dec 18, 2021, 3:45 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately the eReward redemption still has not shown up.

Will try the redemption method. Worst scenario would be to spend $7 to buy 1000 pts.

UPDATE -

I called, and the rep confirmed the 1000 pts rec'd I made the redemption on Dec 1st. The rep said I "purchased" 1000 pts on Dec 2nd.

Online I cannot see the eReward activity even though ALL is the type chosen. Online Earn is the ONLY option on activity to choose from! But the rep can see the 1000 pts coming in, shown as "purchase".

Rep also confirmed award booking that has points deducted would still count when I asked in the case the stay needs to be canceled due to the current uncertainty. This is different from BonVoy and Hyatt - both require the award booking be consumed before the activity would count. A mere point reduction does not move the needle.

This is for future reference, the member service operation hours for the America site is 8am to 10pm US Central Time M-F. 8am to 8pm US Central Time Sat and Sun.
If you need helps from the International site (incl having the US Site rep conferred with the International rep), the operation hours are 2am to 11am US Central Time M-F Only. This tells me the International site call center is located in Europe and they only work M-F, 8am to 5pm their time, versus the US Site's call center is manned by call center in Philippines..

Originally Posted by Happy
I do not receive email of either effect - not the expiration on Dec 31, nor the extension. I redeemed $25 eReward currency (1000 pts) on Dec 1st. eRwards said it will take 2 to 4 weeks.
Back in Aug 2020 it took 4 days for the redemption to show up. But now it is a new program, even with new account number. Who knows?
Hopefully it will show up in a week.

I would also make screen shot on BEFORE and AFTER point balances if using point purchase (of any form) to generate account activities as you can tell whether the "purchase" is successful or not by comparing the balances - a workaround to make sure "purchase" pts are posted.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 18, 2021 at 4:36 pm