FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:44 am
36902BRF

Originally Posted by blue_can
Thanks for the feedback. I thought it would be quick but it sounds like it would be advisable to do it the day before. I will be staying in Richmond so not too far from the airport. Yes I was also told by people in BC that places like Shoppers are not doing antigen testing unlike pharmacies in the US.
Yeah never do this just before you flight, one there is likely to be a crowd and two if there are any issues less time to deal with them. I recently returned from French Polynesia and ran into two issues with my testing. One they reversed my first and last name (the tester caught this) so I had to go back to the office area to sort that issue out. Then the web account they gave me to collect my results did not work either so had to go back to the office again and get them to access my report and print me a copy. It all worked out but what theoretically should have taken no more than 45 mins took closer to two hours. Not an issue 18 hours before my flight but would have sucked three hours before especially since the lines were longer so it would have taken more time.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Dec 18, 2021 at 10:53 am