FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two drink limit in First? Policy or rubbish?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:28 pm
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by metallo
The two minis thing wasn’t really standard pre-COVID, but it would sometimes happen, usually with LUS FAs or on widebodies, in my experience.

I noticed many -more- FAs doing it during the earlier stages of COVID, presumably to minimize interactions with passengers, but wouldn’t be surprised to see less of it now, with this apparent war on alcohol.
Originally Posted by CLT
IIRC the two minis thing was largely a LUS thing...I seem to remember a post here years back immediately after the merger that a memo went out to FAs telling them to stop doing that.

Yes, definitely matches my experience as well pre-COVID. Was not common on legacy AA domestically. Slightly more common in international J (and widebodies) due to the length of time to complete the initial beverage service in the cabin. Much more common domestically with legacy US FAs.

-FlyerBeek