FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking multiple flights the same day
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2021, 1:15 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
I have a flight from JFK booked for next month, the 7am flight is $250 cheaper than the original one I want at 11:30am. Has anyone ever booked multiple flights to the same destination, and then cancelled the flight they did not want if they could not SDC? Would Delta take recourse against me if I decided to do this?
Possible they catch duplicate impossible flight reservations. However more importantly, even once cancelled the flight will show you had a reservation on it and cancelled. The flight will of course also show your booking where you moved on to it. Thus will be very easy for DL to show you purposefully booked flights without intention of flying one.. This is what gets people in trouble, not the fact they simply booked two flights, but that did it with intent.

This scheme is why a number of airlines stopped allowing mileage upgrades within X hours/days of departure. People were booking seats never intending to fly, canceling at last minute and then upgrading to now empty seat.