FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GHA Discovery - New Program 2021
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:01 pm
ozztraveller

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
I have just done my first stay at a Discovery hotel (apartment style) as a Titanium member which had been earned via the PGR programme. The booking was made through the discovery website and showed as an upcoming stay on the new app.

On arrival I was told no rooms where available for a few hours and I then asked about how early checkin in for Titanium members works for future reference. This is when I asked if they able to see my membership level is titanium as I got the feeling they couldn't and was surprised to be told no, To get internet reception I needed to go outside and my partner was told they can see I have gold status only . After returning and showing my card on the App they where able to give me a room and a very thankfully a double upgrade . I now realised why when I called them a few days earlier asking about early checkin and upgrades for their brand and what they offered for status holders was given the answers I was.

I had a another booking with them for the following month but booked through the Oaks hotel website. This does not show up on the Discovery app or website and so asked the friendly staff at reception if it shows my status on the booking and same as the other it does not. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I was logged in both occasions so not sure what the issue is.