FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:38 pm
Macaron54

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by matmatlr
Crazy call with AF today...

I am trying to book a ticket in J for YUL at the end of January
For my flight back, I have a very tight planning with a meeting in downtown Paris and I am exceptionally willing to pay 150€ to make sure that I can skip immigration mess.

However, it's not possible for AF to make only 1 invoice (both for tickets and extra ground service) because their system does not allow it
My company policy would not allow me to have 2 separate invoices so I asked them to find a way (I know they already did it in the past when I booked a ticket + P ground service). However, this time, no solution found so I decided to forget about the extra 150€ ground service

So to summarize :
- AF does not provide Ulti welcome at 2E any longer
- Ulti passengers complain about non existent service
- AF then suggests them to pay extra for a service they should deliver for free
- Despite being pissed, some Ulti pax are willing to pay for it
- AF is still not able to find a way to include this service in the ticket invoice and is not willing to find a solution

In the meantime, I flew back yesterday from GRU in F with LH.
Very smooth arrival yesterday in 2B which pushes me to keep doing it when available
Your message, matmatlr, is disheartening. If the airline is not lifting a finger for one of its highest revenue customers, I cannot even imagine what it would do for the rest of the plebes. My impression is that over time, the Ultimate Assistant team's empowerment has withered to be quasi-nonexistent. And so, quite sadly, we no longer can lean on them to address the issues that we are—or might be facing during our journeys. Even more disheartening is the suspicion that in the eyes of the airline, it does not make the slightest difference if one of its top revenue makers goes to Lufthansa. When there is no long-term vision, and when the only objective of the airline is to please its shareholders and creditors by cutting corners and killing all possible costs, the die is cast, and there is not much hope for any improvement.