FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:38 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just finished 2 separate stays and I can't say enough about the treatment we received. I used 3 cat 1-4 awards. I had asked for a contact at the hotel so I could request a paid upgrade to a suite, since I couldn't use an upgrade certificate. I ended up conversing with the hotel manager, who went above and beyond for us. We were given the same suite for both stays and he comped the upgrade to an Andaz suite 420, which had a balcony and overlooked Ellis Square. He also waived the pet fee. We also received two lovely amenities each arrival.

The room was clean and very comfortable, if not a bit small. I think it could have used a bit less bathroom, which was huge, and a bit more living room. The bathroom had a large shower, free standing soaking tub, a large double sink vanity and toilet... all with a lot of room at the center. The bedroom was a decent size with a king bed. The living room had a wet bar area, though without any water, sofa, ottoman and chair. It was more than adequate for us. The only downside is that on the weekends, Ellis Square gets noisy, but everything shuts down at 11pm.

Oh, I had never had Shrimp and grits - ever. They were absolutely delicious and when I commented, they said it was probably the best version of it in the area. So now I've been spoiled You can order it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and I'm sorry I didn't get it again.

Breakfast was comped each morning, no matter what we ordered, as was valet parking. Since we had a dog with us we had to get take out service for dinner, which was prepared and packaged very well. The offerings are limited though, and we ended up trying door dash for the second dinner - we should have ordered from the hotel again.

Should we decide to return, we definitely will go back again. While the Regency is in a nice riverfront location, you can't beat the location of the Andaz.