FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton's new U.S. Hotels Daily Food & Beverage Credit for Elite members thru 2021
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:02 am
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MS02113
Have to assume that these prices are for carafes of coffee, not single servings. Why would a small cup of coffee cost more than an espresso?
I think that's a dangerous assumption considering it's not stated on the menu and considering a Coke (either a 12 ounce can or highball glass that's 75% ice, if my 100% room service experiences are any indication) are $10, Orange juice is $12 and a single egg is $10.

I am not a hot beverage drinker, but Google tells me that a traditional single espresso is 1-1.25 ounces (29.5 to 37ml) while a small coffee is traditionally 8-12 ounces. (~236 to ~355 ml)

The answers are of course "these are room service prices...people ordering room service are typically not price sensitive" (or, in normal times, they'd just go down to the restaurant) and "charge what the market will bear, or enough to discourage too many people from taking you up on it if you don't want to/can't have the labor to support it"