FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:58 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Having read the room descriptions and looked at various pictures, I'm still not quite sure which room to book so hoping that the experts here could advise / share their preferences.

Quick overview first, planning a 4-5 night stay later in 2022, 2 adults, only Marriott Gold and never stayed at the hotel (usually at IC Osaka), but been many times to Osaka and familiar with location, general area and all that. Booking a corporate rate and have a choice of Deluxe City View, Grand Deluxe City View or Grand Deluxe Corner City View.

The "basic" Deluxe room is 3k JPY cheaper then the other two rooms at the base corporate rate before they apply what seems to be quite a steep 15% service charge and applicable taxes, so ~4k JPY more per night all in.

Grand Deluxe and Grand Deluxe Corner cost the same at our corp rate.

Which one best to pick (I'm assuming no upgrades to be forthcoming )? I can spend the ~20k JPY extra, but only if there is a real discernable difference as base rooms look fairly decent from the few pics I saw.

Happy to hear suggestions / opinions? Thank you.

Last edited by demue; Dec 14, 2021 at 7:54 pm