FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine tips
Thread: Quarantine tips
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:05 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by YariGuy
- what city has the best (if you can call it that) quarantine? For example I've seen hotels in Xiamen with outdoor spaces
My friend who shared the pictures of his Xiamen hotel definitely thought it was first rate (I think he paid 700 per night instead of 300-500 that seems to be standard here). However, because there was an outbreak towards the end of his 14 days, they tacked on an additional 7 days there. Then, for some reason, after he got to Hangzhou, he was treated to an additional 14 days of hotel quarantine. The outbreak thing was bad luck for him, but I'd like to think that funny business doesn't happen in Shanghai.

And, of course, we know to avoid Shenyang, not that it's on your radar. Beijing seems to be okay now, but whenever things get a little out of whack, they tighten up the rules. If the HK travel bubble happens before your trip, I'd look into it as an option because you get to pick your own hotel, including several executive apartments with full kitchens. I've also heard that q in HK is much friendlier.