FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Breakfast - will it ever improve?
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:40 am
Globetrotter870

Hyatt Place Breakfast - will it ever improve?

I've requalified for Globalist for 2022 due to the reduced requirements, and look forward to the benefits at full service hotels.

But my recent Hyatt Place stays (at otherwise very nice properties) have been quite underwhelming in terms of breakfast to the point I need to leave the hotel or bring my own supplies. Basic breakfast staples like plain oatmeal, greek yogurt, and bananas are typically not available. Maybe apples, flavored oatmeal, and sugary Activia yogurt cups .. and of course the typical low end hot items.

Not to come across as whining, but when I stay at Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inn, or Holiday Inn Express, I typically find a decent breakfast spread with a quality that's quite a bit above the level that Hyatt Place is delivering. Since this has happened at multiple properties, I think Hyatt Place's brand standards for breakfast are lower than its competitors. I've filled out post stay feedback surveys and gotten nice apologies from local management, but I don't necessarily think this is a local execution issue.

Have others observed that Hyatt Place delivers a substandard breakfast experience, or are there some properties that do it well?