FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition
Old Dec 10, 2021, 3:13 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
DL104 GRU-ATL 12/4/2021 deltaone

Great crew, welcomed to my seat with a personalized note from purser!

​​​​​​.... but disastrous special meal (kosher). Was not expecting a full blown economy meal setup. I was on a special meal high after my awesome halal meal on sea-jfk a week before, boy did my high come to a screeching halt 😂

dinner was this beef and veggies with rice. Sides were hummus, bread, dried fruit muffin, and chocolate Mousse. Brekkie was an awful cold stale sandwich (egg salad maybe???) with a side container of syrupy fruit.

Thank goodness for the great spread at the LATAM lounge. Had a great dinner there. Enough to hold me up for the entire flight.
I would really avoid ordering kosher meals unless you must eat kosher food except when you are departing from a city with a very large Jewish community (NYC, TLV, LAX, etc). Personally, and I do keep a very liberal form of kosher, I would never order it because I can't stand all the packaging. Asian vegetarian or regular vegetarian are much more reliable, IME.