FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia will not refund fare for downgrade
Old Dec 10, 2021, 9:09 am
PcolaPaul

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Diamond,Marriott Gold
Angry Iberia will not refund fare for downgrade

I booked E+ from ORD to MAD for a flight in October for my wife and I. A couple of weeks before the flight Iberia changed equipment and that plane did not have E+ so we were downgraded to Economy. I had also paid $32 for each of us to pick our E+ seats. I was told to talk to an agent in Madrid when we landed about getting a fare difference and our $64 back for picking our seats. We get to Madrid, the agent says, oh I can't do that here you have to do that online. Ok, whatever. I was tired. I fill out the forms online for the refund, they refunded the $64 that we paid for picking our seats. I replied back via the online form saying, thank you for that, but I am also entitled to 75% of fare based on Iberia's contract rules (based on length of the flight). They responded, sorry we already refunding your $64 and can't issue another refund. Are they dense? I explicitly stated I want a fare difference refund due to an equipment change and downgrade of seats. I also tried calling and they are not wanting to give a fare difference. Frustrating.