FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:21 am
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MChang1
I'm trying to figure out the benefit of using the Double Tree brand over Homewood suites. My wife and I like a separate bedroom option. For example in San Francisco Homewood offers this for @ $160/night. This include parking and breakfast(poor quality recently). Double Tree for the same it is $204/night you pay additional for parking and as a Gold member I do get a stipend towards breakfast. Hotels are within 2-3 miles of each other. Only thing I can think of is with Double Tree there is a bar in house so you can have a drink without having to drive, but other than that I can't think of a reason to pay $45 + parking more per night? For this I would stay at Homewood and just pay for my own breakfast.

Am I missing something?
Thanks.
Brian
Welcome to FlyerTalk, MChang1 !

Per se, no, you're not missing anything from a cost perspective.

You haven't said what your status is with Hilton Honors. If you're looking to accrue points as part of your elite status, any incidental and food/bevarage/etc. purchases on your room folio at DoubleTree will earn points on top of your room rate base points. For Homewood, all one earns is the base points associated with the room rate.

Also, if you have elite status, a DoubleTree may be willing to offer you upgrades, etc. that don't factor into the room cost/breakfast benefit/parking cost discussion.

David

edit - now I see that you've updated your profile to show Hilton Honors Gold. So, some additional benefits at DoubleTree accrue vs. a stay at a Homewood.