FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many would choose AA voluntarily if the circumstances were different?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:12 am
Spanish

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by fastflyer
I live in PBI and have not had any issues with co-terminal changes to FLL or (mostly) MIA during IRROPS. Who is giving pushback? Not the Admirals Club AAngels or the EXP line in my experience.

I am grateful that MIA is near -- lots of options. Wouldn't want to live there, but it's only 70 miles down the highway just in case.

Agreed on the club problem. Delta seems to be cornering this market -- they also have a club in PBI. AA needs to have an offering for smaller outstations (as they do in Tampa).
I was unaware of the Sky Club at PBI, but if they can have one, CMH and PBI and FLL should all have AA clubs! PBI has similar enplanements to CMH, and AA is the legacy carrier with the most seats out of CMH (dwarfed by WN, but still).

I've had flights moved around to very short connections that are "legal," but in my opinion unreasonable. I've had to "hang up call again" several times. Platinum now, PPRO + Platinum in the past - so no EXP line but should still provide the service. I've been lectured multiple times about how the connections are "legal." Interesting data points, for sure.

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
AA is all-in at their MIA hub and only serves FLL out of competitive necessity, nothing more. This winter they are down to two ORD-FLL non-stops a day, while UA offers five, WN four (out of MDW) and I believe B6 and NK offer non-stops as well (honestly don't care because I don't fly them) As a FLL-based traveler (half of the year) I only use MIA under duress or if I am flying to Europe and want a non-stop. While the airports are only 30 miles apart, that 30 miles can be 90 minutes in harrowing I-95 traffic.

On the bright side, the Escape Lounge network is opening a lounge in T3 at FLL. They are part of the AMEX lounge network so folks with a platinum card can use it for free. That will be a nice addition given the misery of T3 during peak times.
Bummer for the ORD connections, I definitely have felt that.