FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months)
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:00 am
AAMCI

Programs: AAdvantage LT GLD 1.806MM
Wife applied for Citi Premier today, and was declined. She called Citi to ask for reason, and they said "Insufficient credit history on several accounts. Decision was made using information from Experian credit report." My wife advised that one of the recent accounts in her credit report is an authorized user card on my AMEX account. She has opened 1 card in the past 1 year (365 days), on 7/15/2021, and the authorized user card was added 6/17/2021. Her Experian credit score is 840.

The agent advised to get the credit report from Experian to verify all information is correct (we've already done that, everything is correct), and that all credit card accounts are reporting to Experian (as far as I can see, all the accounts are reporting regularly).

Is it worth calling the reconsideration line again to ask for approval? The reason Citi gave seems wishy-washy and non-specific, so I'm not sure what information we can provide to get my wife approved. Anyone have advice on what next steps could be?

Thanks.