FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just visited Muscat, Oman from UK [and USA]
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:03 pm
Ldnn1

Originally Posted by zahidworld
[color=#000000]You MUST get an evisa before you arrive. When applying for the evisa, you have to attach photos of your passport and your COVID vaccination certificate.
This is also mentioned in the payment reciept email : YOU SHOULD NOT ARRIVE IN OMAN WITHOUT RECEIVING THE VISA APPROVAL NOTICE.
Originally Posted by shayaanl
Isn't Oman visa free for stays of less then ten days for travellers from several countries?
Oman to give visa-free 10-day entry to 103 countries to boost tourism - FM.gov.om
Originally Posted by zahidworld
COVID came and everything changed. You must have a e-visa before you visit Oman. I did not fancy paying £40+5 for the visa as I am British and we are entitled to free visa on arrival in countries nearby like Qatar and UAE.
Hi, I've only just seen these posts but I'm sorry to say you (and annoyingly the FCO website) were mistaken. You *do not* need a visa for stays up to 1014 days if you are from the list of exempt countries mentioned above. I flew from UK to Oman at end of October for 8 days, UK passport, no visa, no problem. All that was needed was the £5 e-mushrif registration form along with PCR/QR code and hotel details. Oman Air also checked I had insurance too. No problems with immigration.

The source you want (and which I printed out before travel in case of any challenge!) is this one: https://fm.gov.om/visitors/entry-visas/

Last edited by Ldnn1; Dec 6, 2021 at 6:14 pm