FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:49 am
Silver Fox
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Some easy solutions for UK residents and others, trying to comply with the new requirement to test before flying.

1) Buy before travel from SimplyTestMe - £15 and £19 options depending on postal service. So long as you are a week or so before departure you will get a standard LFD through the post. Photo upload.
2) Testing For All - similar but with video supervision (not expected to be a requirement here) - £29
3) Obtain Lateral Flow pack whereever you are - in Europe they typically costs €1 or €2 each and are available from newspaper kiosks, pharmacies, supermarkets. Some places they are free. Then use Klarity to get a certificate after uploading a photo.

For 1 and 3, as soon as you have paid for your order then you get access to the mechanism to upload the test result. For 2 then there is a booking system involved.

You are not allowed to use NHS LFDs for these purposes but the NHST&T FlowFlex tests are now identical to the kits used in 1, 2 and 3, so this aspect is, in my view, unenforceable. The certificate producers in 1,2 and 3 cannot distinguish between their own kits and the NHS ones.
Klarity responded to my email and they said "You can also use your own Lateral Flow Test and purchase the certificate from us." and pointed me to this list of acceptable tests:

https://klarity.health/uk-government...-lateral-flow/