FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Naniloa Hotel - a DoubleTree by Hilton {US-HI}
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:15 pm
cmculp

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Staying currently. I used to love this place in all its low-brow Hilo glory. This stay is terrible on several fronts. Terrible. It took 45 min last night to check in. There was a single check in agent who appeared to be in training as there was a guy watching what she was doing and occasionally giving pointers (but not engaging the miserable line waiting to check in. No upgrade, full parking and resort fee. The long check in pushed several of us to the restaurant right at 8 where they declined to serve us because “our last seating is at 8”. This after several of us walked down while in line and were told 9. At 2 am is a fire alarm and evacuation into the blustery rain. No service recovery effort of any kind. The restaurant did stay open til 9 (no new seatings) at a ear splitting echo chamber volume. Gone is the Hawaiian feel from pre-Covid. The east facade is covered in mildew as are the lanais. My room is missing most of the furniture that used to be in here as well as privacy shears, and the bathroom pocket door is jammed and the shower diverter is broken. To me, this is what properties look like before they die…

the happy hour in the lobby bar remains a bright spot…a needed one

Last edited by cmculp; Dec 5, 2021 at 11:59 am