FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Philadelphia [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:07 am
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by WasKnown
They still don’t have suites built in this hotel. Have an upcoming stay booked here but tbh the building is very unimpressive. Not luxurious at all. Have not seen any rooms yet.

It’s also weird that the hotel is connected to an Element. Does W + Element happen often? Why not Westin + Element? I know brands like Courtyard and Residence often group together.
I'm curious as to why you think the building is unimpressive. It might be a tad "glass tower cookie cutter," but the compromise is that guests get floor-to-ceiling windows in most rooms. Perhaps, I have different standards for W properties, but I have always found that they skew modern over luxurious.

As for the Element piece, it's definitely the first time I've heard of this combination. I would assume they didn't want to add another Westin in the city (+ I imagine a W would make more money).

The suite piece is definitely annoying, though, especially as the Element has been open for a while before the W opened (lots of time to finish construction).