FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SCL Construction updates
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:00 am
BlatheringPenguin

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I almost started a new thread ... but didn't.

What are the current state of affairs @ SCL? It has been nearly 2 years since my last visit.

Int'l Departures - still occurring in the "Old" hall? Does LATAM still have its Preferente check-in area to the far left?
Int'l Arrivals - any changes with location, obtaining taxi services, etc? How and where are the tramites regarding arrival PCR tests, etc., being handled?
As of a few months ago my in-person experience was (and I probably would have heard from people if there had been major changes since then):

Int'l Departures still in the "Old" Hall. I don't know if LATAM is still doing Preferred check-in in the upstairs location to the far-left, but the smaller immigration/security line that was up there is closed. AA check-in was the same as always.

Similar to pre-pandemic, many International flights depart from the new terminals, so it's a few minutes walk over to them.

International flights come into the new terminal and parts of the arrival experience have been completely reconfigured, with the first stop being to deal with C19 paperwork (these are set up all along the big open hallways that are below the departure level and that you can look down into from the departure level in the new terminal), then an all new PCR testing hall (my memory is hazy as to where that was, but I *think* it was somewhere in the old terminal, that after the C19 paperwork desks we walked that corridor to the old terminal and then got to the testing area?), then finally back to the old familiar reciprocity payment desks, down to immigration, through duty free, to baggage claim, and out through customs. Exiting customs is the same as always in terms of taxis, rentals cars, etc..