FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Politically Incorrect: The "fat" pax policy
Old Nov 9, 2004, 8:22 pm
LawFlyer

Programs: CO OnePass Plat, AF Rouge
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Maybe I'm not following, but my question is:

She sat in B. You were squished into A. What about the guy in C? Wasn't he pretty miserable too? How did he squeeze in? If I were you, I would have gotten off and gone the next day if at all possible
Good question -- sorry I wasn't clear. At first, before the C-pax boarded, the fat lady was "planted" in C and spilling into B, while I cowered in A. But after the C-pax arrived and demanded his seat, Fat Lady huffed and puffed over to B (sort of) just enough to clear most of the C seat. When she moved over to B, she angled toward me (in A), thus spilling all her avoirdupois onto my legs and side. GAG!

To be sure, the C-pax still had a bit of her to deal with -- mainly the sides of her ... and bosom as they squished over and under the armrest. But I had SO MUCH of her on top of me that when I finally rose and hurdled over her, my right leg and right-side-chest/shoulder were soaked with her perspiration.

Yes, had I known this would actually be my personal hell for the next 5000 miles, I would have bolted off the plane. But by the time the C-pax arrived to claim his seat, they were shutting the cabin door -- AND I thought, "Surely there will be ONE seat open on this plane somewhere." But there was not (except the crew rest seats at the back of the second BizFirst cabin). This was also the last flight of the day from CDG - IAH, and I had to get back for a hearing the following day, early.

Interesting update: Since my original post this afternoon, I got a voice-mail at work from a CO BizFirst concierge in Houston, who left his name and direct number, e-mail, etc. He politely asked that I please call him as soon as I can. Well, either I'm in trouble, or he's calling to make amends.

(1) Am I in for a thrashing, or for an apology?
(2) If it's the apology (not the thrashing), what should I realistically ask for? Give me some good ideas before I call and I'll give you an update tomorrow PM.

Last edited by LawFlyer; Nov 9, 2004 at 8:29 pm