FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2020-2022)
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:37 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by zkzkz
I feel like I'm pretty good at reading rules and I have to admit I can't make heads or tails of this. The sentence of "Standard AAdvantage member access to lounges excludes..." seems to directly contradict the previous sentence. Are they clarifying that the limited time rule is non-standard and for a limited time? Or is this some exception to the previous?

My real question... as a non-AA Oneworld Sapphire traveling LGA-YUL do I have lounge access at LGA? Is there a lounge open? And do I get a guest? (just one I assume?)

Also... as a non-AA Oneworld Sapphire should I be seeing $0 for preferred seating online? I'm not, is that because my status changed since booking? Do I have to do something to refresh my status in their system? Do I have to do that before I check in to get lounge access?
Yes, AA did a very crappy job of cleaning up the lounge access language at aa.com when they introduced the new (temporary) rules.

To answer your question, yes, as a non-AA oneworld Sapphire you have lounge access before any AA flight. So you can access the Admirals Club at LGA and bring one guest.

If your status is new since the time of booking then you'll need to call AA to refresh your status (they essentially remove your number then add it back). That should fix the seating issue and it make sure your correct oneworld status is reflected for lounge access.