FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:39 pm
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Does the "higher for existing card holder" mean that if I spend 50k on the card, I get:

"This means if you earn the benefit in consecutive years, and otherwise qualify for Aeroplan 25K Status in both years, that this benefit will increase your status to Aeroplan 35K Status in both years; the second increase will not build from the previous year’s increased level of Aeroplan 35K Status and increase your status level to Aeroplan 50K Status. If you earned the highest Aeroplan status level, Aeroplan Super Elite Status, for the next calendar year in accordance with Air Canada’s Aeroplan Elite Status Terms and Conditions, and also spend $50,000 with the Chase Aeroplan Card, instead of an Aeroplan Elite Status Level-Up benefit you will receive one (1) Aeroplan 50K Status to gift to another Aeroplan member for the next calendar year"

So as long as I spend 50k for a few years to get to SE, then
"If you earned a higher status by other means (in accordance with Air Canada’s Aeroplan Elite Status Terms and Conditions) you will retain the higher status. "

Change to 15k spend per year to retain SE? Because.... That's a sweet deal if true. I can easily get to 50k spend (with a 3% fee for some of that), so that's essentially 1500USD to get SE status and after you get it that drops to 450USD?

EDIT: NVM, missed a "not", thanks @Cow.

Last edited by Smiley90; Dec 3, 2021 at 2:54 pm