FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2020-2022)
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:58 pm
zkzkz

3For a limited time, qualifying international flights include flights between the U.S. and Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico. Includes customers on qualifying departing international flights marketed and operated by American or a oneworldŽ airline (regardless of cabin). Standard AAdvantageŽ member access to American Airlines lounges excludes (regardless of status or class of service) flights within North America or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. Access to Qantas Domestic Business Lounges excluded.
I feel like I'm pretty good at reading rules and I have to admit I can't make heads or tails of this. The sentence of "Standard AAdvantage member access to lounges excludes..." seems to directly contradict the previous sentence. Are they clarifying that the limited time rule is non-standard and for a limited time? Or is this some exception to the previous?

My real question... as a non-AA Oneworld Sapphire traveling LGA-YUL do I have lounge access at LGA? Is there a lounge open? And do I get a guest? (just one I assume?)

Also... as a non-AA Oneworld Sapphire should I be seeing $0 for preferred seating online? I'm not, is that because my status changed since booking? Do I have to do something to refresh my status in their system? Do I have to do that before I check in to get lounge access?

Last edited by zkzkz; Dec 3, 2021 at 3:27 pm