FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:45 pm
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
It makes sense if the true purpose of the rule is to discourage international travel during a global pandemic by making it more of a hassle, which is what I believe it is.
Brilliant assessment of what is really going on. A 1-day vs 3-day testing window accomplishes nothing. It's merely an impediment to predictable travel. I, for one, am canceling all international travel for fear of being trapped overseas due to these new testing requirements.

I am triple-vaccinated, and have tested positive around 15 times since this pandemic began (I have had to be PCR tested almost weekly for work requirements), and, every time, I was asymptomatic. So, I was either the "Typhoid Mary" of COVID or there are a lot of false positives (or maybe it's just normal for the vaccinated to have a high viral load of COVID without getting sick).

Last edited by zombietooth; Dec 2, 2021 at 10:54 pm