FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:28 pm
PbodyPhoto

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by SEAFlyer23
So I'm supposed to land at LHR on AA156 around 12:30pm on Friday. I have dinner scheduled with a friend at Alain Ducasse at 6:45. So if I clear customs, Uber to Hasu, and then Tube to my hotel, it seems like this COULD be do-able? Do we think there's any chance any of the LHR options will be available for 3-4 hour tests by Friday? Really don't want to miss this dinner!!
Originally Posted by DaveS
There is no doubt that the law requires the proper day 2 test negative test result to legally end the isolation. However I do not think it unreasonable for people to use another PCR test for that purpose. If it comes back as negative then nothing is lost in terms of public safety and if positive then isolation is required and the reporting will eventually come from the proper day 2 test anyway. Just a few days ago an unsupervised rapid test without any isolation was good enough. So a not quite the right PCR is still a big step forward. There are many out there breaking the rules in far more blatant ways than this. pfreet could have ignored the isolation completely with near zero chance of any comeback and I think should be commended for at least trying to do the right thing.
Agreed. The new rules are absurd and there is no reason someone shouldn't be able to take a cheap Day 2 PCR and a PCR with a quick turnaround time. Aside from rare false positive or negative results there is no risk to public safety if people self clear themselves with another PCR test.