FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:14 am
mudpuppy

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by paradox
I'm planning a 4 day trip from 12/13 to 12/17. Between P2 and myself, we have 3 Platinum cards, so 3 x $200 credits. We're fine switching hotels every day and consider maximizing the credits part of the game. We don't gamble, and dining is the main draw. Here's what we're contemplating:

12/13 NoMad (Card A)
12/14 Bellagio (Card B)
12/15 NoMad (Card A)
12/16 Bellagio, Cosmopolitan, Palazzo, or Conrad (Card C)

12/13 + 12/15 at the NoMad would be about $250, so that takes care of the credit for Card A. (We also like that the NoMad is nonsmoking).
12/14 and 12/16 each would be close to $200, using up the credits for Card B and Card C.

Switching hotels the first three nights would be relatively easy with the tram or walking (would apply also if we did Bellagio or Cosmopolitan for the fourth night). We'd ride-share if Palazzo or Conrad. Other potential factors: Hilton Diamond status and 2 x $100 to spend from Caesar's Celebration Dinner.

Any thoughts or comments on this scheme are welcome.
If your main draw is dining, my thought would be put together your dining plan first and then figure out the hotels around that. Considering this is a bit over a week away you might want to start looking at dining reservations now anyway. My wife and I visited Vegas for 10 days the week before Thanksgiving, and even a month+ prior we were limited on when we could get specific reservations like Bavette's. In the end our dining didn't line up very will with where our hotels were and we did a LOT of walking and ridesharing just to get to our dinner reservations.