FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue FAQ
Thread: Flying Blue FAQ
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:54 am
maalloc

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by ohianjo
There actually isnt, which is surprising. I am putting it down to laziness on the part of the ground staff in CDG - spoke for an extended period even with their supervisor to be rebooked onto the KL operated flight to AMS, then on to KRK. Availability was not the issue - more their possible fear of the ticketing department - it was mentioned multiple times that the platinum line promises many things (in this case this rerouting).
I honestly have it pegged down to the luck of the draw in the staff I encountered.
The exact same thing happened to me a few months ago in AMS.
I was on a transit that turned out to be needlessly long because the first flight arrived earlier than planned. Plat line gave me "the green light" to go on the next AMS->CDG (KL operated) instead of my AF AMS->CDG hours later and told me to just go to the gate to have my BP printed. Sounds straightforward, right? Then I spent the next 20 minutes at the gate, watching gate agents fumbling on the computer and on the phone while unsuccessfully trying to "change companies" (!) for my ticket.
Boarding started, the whole 30 pax or so boarded, and gates closed under our watch.

It was a baffling incompetence show.