FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walmart & Amex bring Walmart+ to USA Platinum Card (Paramount Plus added Sept 2022)
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:27 am
halamadrid

Originally Posted by TravellingGuy
Gotta say I'm glad there's purchase protection... Decided to try Walmart+... Ordered 8 large t-shirts... Instead, I received 8 Size 3X Sweatshirts. I stopped by the store, and got to fight with the staff who told me that there was nothing they could do, because none of the items were on my receipt... Yeah, that was the point!

I called Amex Platinum, explained the mess, and got a credit for the t-shirts that never showed up... I think the 8 new sweatshirts will be going to a homeless shelter....

Thanks, Walmart! (Great customer service, there, WallyWorld....)
Originally Posted by guv1976
I think that you took the wrong approach here. You're not responsible for paying for merchandise that you never received, or for merchandise that you never ordered; all that matters is that walmart.com did not deliver what you ordered. I would simply have called walmart.com customer service and explained the problem. You either would have gotten the t-shirts that you ordered, or perhaps you would have been given a refund. And Walmart would have advised you as to whether they even wanted you to return the wrong merchandise, or just to dispose of it as you wish. Really no need to involve Amex in any of this unless and until walmart.com (not your local Walmart store) did not provide a satisfactory result.
I agree with guv1976 on this one. Now, I'm not a fan of Walmart and place very few orders with them, but on the orders where I've had any issues, they have been quick to refund me and in all cases have told me that I did not need to return the wrong item (one time it was even my fault in ordering the wrong item and they still refunded and told me not to return). You can start the return process on the app or online and you don't even need to talk to a person to get a refund.