FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:35 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Sky City Marriott not available effective today, Dec 1, 2021

I received an email informing me that Sky CIty Marriott woudl not honor my reservation for Sep 22-24, 2022. You are iunabel to make reservations at this hotel for any future date.

Their wording below:

Dear aaupgrade,

Warmest greeting from the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel!

We do apologize to inform you that our hotel will not accept and accommodate any non-Airline Crew bookings starts from 1st Dec 2021 onwards. Based on this latest arrangement, we are writing to inform you that the reservation (Confirmation Number: ) from 22 Sep 2022 to 24 Sep 2022 will be cancelled accordingly.

Do let us know if any further assistance do require.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We truly appreciate your kind understanding on this matter. Thank you again for your support and we look forward to welcome you in the future.

Best regards,

Reservations Department

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
1 Sky City Road East, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong

T: 39691888 | F: 39692023

skycitymarriott.com
My reply to hotel:

You, Marriott, have a contract with me for accommodations. Your web site offered the room and I accepted the price and terms you offered. You are now informing me that you are breaking that contract with me. You have no honor and cannot be trusted.

Are you no longer a Marriott property? If you are still a Marriott property then you should honor your commitments to its customers or leave the Marriott family. If you have already left Marriott, then good riddance.

Sincere regards,

aaupgrade

I called Marriot titanium reservations and they were of no help, but asked to speak with a supervisor. She put me on hold and came back and said they are a quarentine hotel. To which I responded that they are not listed on https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/d...ted-hotel.html so I told her whoever told her that, was lying. I also told her that quarantine hotels only go through February 22, 2022 so canceling a stay in September of 2022 doesn't make sense unless they were being opportunistic at the expense of Marriott customers who already have reservations. I asked her for an email address for customer relations. She told me there is no email address for customer relations.

IMO, this hotel should be deflagged.