FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Cape Town REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:46 am
LoungeLizardHugo

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
With three F&B outlets, why is this hotel totally halal instead of perhaps having one halal restaurant and some halal choices on the room service menu? It seems especially odd given that many tourists come to Capetown partly as a starting point for the wine region.
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Absolutly! I was really thinking of staying here, but honestly we enjoy our wine. And if they're not serving it, I'm not staying. Guess they've figured for whatever reason Halal is their market, but honestly I have a hard time believing the majority of their clientel is Halal. Quite the oppoiste I would imagine.
The HR CP is downtown, not so nice area of Capetown and hardly the place to expecting gourmet meals and fine wines. Cellars-Hohenort (SLH/Hyatt) is a monumentally better choice if you are a foodie or wino, excuse me, "oenophile". By the botanical gardens, which are on their own spectacular. It's a very mature property and rooms are from the 1950's or so, so there's that if you are into that kind or thing or not. We enjoyed the novelty of living as Grandma lived for a 24 hour layover on our way to Namibia in Aug. Super nice staff and willing to chat local politics for hours

Alternatively One&Only in a "harbour enclave" area is awesome and the food is dee-lish.

Word to the wise- South Africa politicians are even nuttier than most in the area of covid theatre, be damn sure you research what level of covid status they are in, as higher levels absolutely forbid sales of any alcohol, anywhere. Ask me know I know about this. They switched levels while we were in transit.