FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2021, 3:27 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We have been denied admittance to the Al Safwa lounge saying that our fare does not qualify nor does our OneWorld Emerald status allow us to access it. We were taken to the Al Mourjan lounge.

Details:
We have an outbound ticket that is an P fare with an A class on to our final destination. I had checked and understood that A class was entitled to the lounge. However, I was told that the underlying fare is P, thus it is irrelevant that we are flying First onward.
Not much comfort for you, I know, but thanks for teasing out QR-thinking for resolving issues created by its crass implementation of business-lite

So, QR continues its dysfunctional marketing by upsetting premium-class passengers, this time a passenger also holding top status with a OneWorld partner. Now we're waiting for confirmation of how they'd treat a Privilege Club Plat customer travelling in P+F.

It seemed hopeful that a sector ticketed in F was going to trump the restrictions of P. After all, the F-ness of that final hop outclasses all other business-class fares on preceding sectors - and the airline recently had a re-think of its tortured logic about how to apply the rule when the F-sector precedes the rest of a trip in business-class.

Given that the only distinguishing aspects of regional first, apart from eye-watering fares, are the check-in and lounge access, the next thing to uncover is whether a break of journey in Doha will get you thrown out of the first-class check-in for an onward flight ticketed in first-class.