FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:24 pm
mpeterson78

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We have been denied admittance to the Al Safwa lounge saying that our fare does not qualify nor does our OneWorld Emerald status allow us to access it. We were taken to the Al Mourjan lounge.

Details:
We have an outbound ticket that is an P fare with an A class on to our final destination. I had checked and understood that A class was entitled to the lounge. However, I was told that the underlying fare is P, thus it is irrelevant that we are flying First onward.

I was also told that OneWorld Emeralds are not allowed in the lounge. Rather, there is a closed lounge for OneWorld Emeralds. As it is closed, they are sending folks to the Al Mourjan lounge. I believe we have only been allowed to use this lounge based on our OneWorld status; that our ticket did not entitle us to it.

We have a lengthy layover and were looking forward to use of a sleeping room. We were given a family room in the Al Mourjan lounge that has several chairs and a sofa but no recliners.
Were you guys the family that was trying to get in around midnight and whose father was yelling at the lounge attendant? Or was that another family?