FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz-Hendrick Camaros
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:42 am
mradey

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
It was with a heavy heart and a fair amount of scepticism that I walked (yes walked) to the Hertz LAX rental facility. I noted that my reservation had changed online from "the exact model" as per my booking confirmation email of seven months ago, to "or similar". I was two hours early so I wandered around the Presidents Circle area - my name was not yet on the board. No Hendricks in sight. In fact, I hadn't spotted one in the entire facility.

There was a nice Merc AMG C63 in the PC area - so I headed to the Gold Circle desk, formulating arguments as to why that would be a suitable replacement for my Hendrick. I explained I was early - "no problem sir, let me change the collection time for you". I thanked her and quipped "I'm about to be very disappointed aren't I?". She looked a little incredulous. I explained my worries. To my great relief, there was indeed a Hendrick Camaro waiting for me. It was way off in the distance (I was too early, they hadn't moved it into the PC collection area) .

So as of now, there is at least one renting from LAX. I've got it for the next two weeks and hopefully again in April 2022.

It's in great condition, about 24K miles on the clock.

Hendrick Camaro SS - in Hertz LAX

Last edited by mradey; Nov 27, 2021 at 6:44 am Reason: typo