FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vaccine passports for UK citizens for international travel
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:16 am
DaveS

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by fc0175
Sorry if I've missed a discussion on this elsewhere, but it looks like the UK have finally made a firm commitment to help those living in the UK get their overseas vaccines recognised. The announcement is very light on details so it isn't worth holding our breath yet, but it is nice to see something more official than vague promises on twitter / hints by ministers: https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-res...ered-overseas/

Fingers crossed it does happen, as I think it would be very helpful for everyone who wants one to have access to a single document that reports all doses they have had, be they original, boosters etc.
I see no reason to not copy the entire text here since it is important to many:

Recording COVID-19 vaccinations administered overseas

A new service will be launched in December 2021 to capture evidence of COVID-19 vaccinations administered in countries other than England, Scotland and Wales and have these recorded in the National Immunisation Management System (NIMS), the central database for vaccine information.

Closed pilots have been running at selected vaccination centre sites across England to test the service.

The pilot involves eligible users being invited to book a special appointment to have their record updated if they have received one of the four MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) approved vaccine types:
  • Astra Zeneca (Vaxzevria)
  • Pfizer (Comirnaty)
  • Janssen
  • Moderna (Spikevax)
A national rollout involving more vaccination centre sites in each region will follow, alongside further details on specific locations, what is required as evidence to have overseas vaccines checked and recorded, and how to use the service.

The service should ensure that a larger number of records are updated without a need for GP involvement.