FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 3:02 pm
SMcG_

Wonder if anyone can offer some advice?

Booked flights from London to Costa Rica in April:
LHR > YUL > SJO
LIB > YUL > LHR

Original layovers were about 2 or 3 hours, but today the flights have all been cancelled and they're proposing new flights 10 and 15 hours layovers instead which are obviously completely unacceptable. The AC website gives me the option to choose other flights, but they're all terrible and there's no flexibility to change the route or even the date to see what else is possible. It's basically ballsed up our trip entirely.

Tried to get through to them, but they're so busy apparently that I can't even be put into a queue. As a side note, I've been calling the Aeroplan phone number as it's free on my UK mobile - the other number is an international number which is going to cost lots of ££s (or $$s!). Tried tweeting them too, but not much luck so far.

What are my options here?

Do I have any rights, or is it just a case of accepting a refund? There seem to be better connections if I change the routing to LHR > SJO return only, but the prices are now higher for more inconvenient flights. Will they put me on these, or will they try to get me to pay more? How do I get hold of them to even check?

Any advice appreciated!