FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:26 am
chrisny2

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by phltraveler
Haven't flown since Feb '20 but was interested in the CLEAR Health Pass. Enrollment was a nightmare because I first got Clear in 2014 and had some changes in facial appearance, plus I was wearing glasses for the photo, so the app took many many attempts to recognize me. Now that I'm enrolled, the photo is not the greatest match for my current appearance.

Chatted with CLEAR (jump from app to iMessage with businesses on iPhone) and they say there's no way to update photos after enrollment but they're working on it...

Kind of diminishes the value of providing a CLEAR pass if I'm likely to be asked for secondary ID at a non-airport venue anyways.
I had the same issue with facial recognition - I just went to a CLEAR enrollment kiosk the next time I was flying out and had a new picture taken. It was quick and easy. (And that new picture is the one that shows up on the vaccine pass - without any addition intervention on my part.)